Updating to Python 3.9
In Fall 2022, the Codio software stack was updated to Python 3.9. This requires several changes to be made to the projects, which are described below.
For Projects Already Started using Python 3.6
- Uninstall all Python packages:
pip3 uninstall -y -r requirements.txt
- Update the stack by going to the Project > Stack > Settings menu option.
On that page, select the latest version of the CC 410 Stack, and click Save.
The Codio box should update to the new stack.
For New Projects
- Confirm that the current Python version is 3.9 and that Pip3 is updated as well:
python3 --version pip3 --version
Current versions are shown below:
tox.inito use Python 3.9 instead of Python 3.6:
[tox] envlist = py39
- Install project requirements using
Check the errata page to see if any requirements must be updated.
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
If there are any errors, contact the instructor.
- Test and run the project following the usual procedure.